- 1 lb penne pasta
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Tres Red Enchilada Skillet Sauce
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 lb mini pepperoni slices
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Cook pasta according to directions on package (al dente).
- Meantime, heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high head. Melt butter, then whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add skillet sauce and whisk in milk until smooth.
- Add oregano and crushed red pepper, bringing to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 1 minute.
- Fold in half the cheese, then add drained pasta. Stir to coat and top with remaining cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake until bubbly, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.